Beit Maimon - Ten Electric
Whether you are looking to refurnish your house, or just to pick up a blender to make smoothies, the Beit Maimon store on Aliyah Bet Street can probably help. Extensively refurbished after the 2006 Lebanon War, the store offers 3 floors of furniture and electric goods.
2006 Lebanon War
In 2006, the furniture store was hit by the third katyusha to hit Safed on the first day of the war. Fortunately it only damaged the top part of the building, and no one was injured. After the explosion the street was full of clouds of smoke and debris. Various government ministers came the next day to see the damage and the incident even made the TV news headlines! After the war the company refurbished and redesigned the interior of the store as part of the rebuilding process.
Recently combined with the 10 Electric company, Maimon's now offers an even wider selection of electrical goods. Here you will find brand names you are used to like AEG or Samsung as well as Israeli brands like Amcor you may not be so familiar with.
· washing machines, both the regular sized European style front loaders and the narrow top loaders designed for a small Israeli apartment
· tumble dryers
· refrigerators - from mini ones suitable for a holiday apartment through to large twin door fridge-freezer combos with ice makers, although they may not be as large as the largest American models due to the small size of Israeli apartments
· TV's and flat screens
· stoves - duel and single fuel, from small one oven stoves to double ovens and large ranges, as well a wide choice of built in ovens and hobs
· toaster ovens and toasters
· kitchen appliances like food processors, mixers and blenders - KitchenAid, Magimix, Kenwood etc
· vacuum cleaners
Upstairs you will find a good range of living room and den furniture
· couches, armchairs and suites
· dining room tables and chairs
Here is where you will find a good selection of bedroom furniture
· bedroom suites
· twin and double beds
· children's beds - including bunk beds and beds which have two beds underneath that pull out to accommodate the larger families and smaller apartments that are typical in Israel
· dressing and vanity tables
· computer workstations and home office suites
Prices And Payment
While of course you will want to comparison shop, Maimon's prices are competitive and they offer one of the largest selections of goods in the city. They will of course deliver (for a small charge) and it is possible to pay in installments. In fact the prices on many of the goods actually tell you the installment plan available, which means you don't need to be embarrassed to ask about the details.
Most of the staff speak basic English and will be able to help you with your selection and explain any payment terms to you.
It is usually impossible to park in front of the store as the street is one of the busiest in Safed, but there is nearby metered city parking available up the street.
Beit Maimon, 8 Aliyah Bet Street, Safed.
Telephone: 04 697 0535
Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
8.30 am - 1.30 pm & 4pm - 7.30 pm
8.30am - 2pm Tuesday afternoons: Closed
Friday & Festival Eves